How to Make Award-winning Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Be smart when you do your food shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home immediately and eat something beneficial. Your house should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it easy to have a great meal--even if you want something junky--because you'll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you'd buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a whole lot of things that factor into getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done every single day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don't forget that health isn't only about just how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to creamy broccoli & stilton soup recipe. You can cook creamy broccoli & stilton soup using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- You need of Broccoli, roughly chopped.
- Use of large Onions, chopped.
- Take of Celery, in 1 cm slices.
- Use of Garlic, chopped.
- Take of Potatoes, diced.
- Use of Leek, in 1 cm slices.
- Get of Ham stock. I used ham stock from a large gammon joint cooked the previous day but, if homemade stock isn’t available, good quality stock cubes work fine.
- Use of Oil.
- Prepare of Butter, preferably unsalted.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- Get of Crème Fraîche.
- Provide of Stilton cheese.
Instructions to make Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup:
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or very large saucepan. Add the onions and gently fry for two minutes, resisting the temptation to stir unless the onions appear to be sticking. If so, add a splash of water..
- Add the garlic, stir and fry another minute..
- Add the celery and leeks and a generous knob of butter. Stir to ensure all the veg are coated with a little oil/butter and continue to fry gently for another three minutes..
- Add the potatoes and any well-chopped broccoli stalks, stir and then add the stock. Stir well and then add the rest of the broccoli. Cover and bring to the boil..
- Reduce the heat, stir well and leave on a medium simmer for 25 minutes or until the vegetables are softened..
- Stir, taste and season with pepper but not salt. Remove from heat..
- In batches, whizz in a blender to a smooth consistency. Transfer to a saucepan and reheat..
- Crumble the Stilton cheese into the hot soup and give it all a good stir until it has melted..
- Serve piping hot with a small dollop of crème fraîche per individual bowl. Accompany with granary bread or crusty roll. Not too much soup or bread if the soup is just a starter as this soup is fairly filling..
If you find this Creamy Broccoli & Stilton Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.