Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Perfect Basic Sourdough Bread
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Basic Sourdough Bread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Basic Sourdough Bread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Basic Sourdough Bread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn't constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Working out at the gym isn't something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn't have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Water is the best beverage out there. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every occasionally isn’t a horrible idea. Using them for your sole source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. Choosing water as opposed to other beverage adds to your body's health and allows it stay hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to resort to terrible tasting diet food. Productive weight loss efforts often depend solely on water ingestion.
There are plenty of things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do small things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don't ignore that health isn't only about just how much you weigh. You need your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to basic sourdough bread recipe. You can have basic sourdough bread using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Basic Sourdough Bread:
- Provide 500 g of bread flour.
- You need 5 g of salt.
- You need 50 g of active starter.
- Prepare 350 g of warm water.
Steps to make Basic Sourdough Bread:
- Taking 30g starter from the fridge, let it in room temperature. Add 30g warm water + 30g bread flour. Stir it well and let it rise double in size. When you see alot of bubbles, it’s done. It took me 3 hours in the summer. This is active starter. (50g)..
- In a mixing bowl, mix warm water with active starter. Add flour and salt. Mix it all together loosely, so that it’s pretty ragged but all the flour and water is mixed. Cover and autolyse 1h..
- Stretch and fold the dough and bring it into a smooth ball of dough. Literally pick up a handful of dough from one side of the bowl, lift it, stretch and fold it over the rest of the dough to the other side of the bowl; you don’t need to pull it tight. Then turn the bowl and repeat the process, do it about 15-20times maximum, until its a smooth ball. Cover the bowl again and leave it out on the kitchen counter; perform the lifting and folding actions 2 to 4 times after resting 30 minutes..
- Recover the bowl, and leave it on the counter overnight if in the winter. It took me 6hr in the summer to see it 2.5 bigger in size..
- Get your banneton out and liberally flour it with rice flour. It needs to be really well floured, all the way up the sides, so that the dough doesn’t stick. Turn down the dough on to the light floured surface and divide in 2 small loaves. Round 2 balls of dough and rest 10’. Covered. Tighten and shape the dough. Place them in banenton..
- Cover it again with a plastic bag/shower cap, and put it in the fridge for minimum 1 hour, maximum up to 3 hours. I put it in the kitchen counter (double in size after 45 minutes).
- After this time, preheat the oven to 250oC. No need to heat Dutch oven. Once the oven is up to temperature, line the Dutch oven with a sheet of parchment baking paper. Place the tin over the top of the banneton, then invert it/turn it all over together to turn the dough into the pot. Slash the top of the dough with a a clean razor blade, put the lid on and bake it for 40’. Remove the lid for the last 15 minutes..
- When done, remove the whole pans from the oven, carefully take the loaves from the pan. Leave the loaves on a rack to cool..
- Wait AT LEAST an hour before you slice into it. If you cut into the loaf too soon, steam will fill all of those carefully crafted holes and make the bread gummy..
If you find this Basic Sourdough Bread recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.