Simple Way to Make Speedy Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is done, most people do not want to go to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super difficult. If you are diligent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
When you go grocery shopping, be sensible about it. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier automatically. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with crowded grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home immediately and eat something beneficial. Your kitchen should be stocked with healthy foods and ingredients. In this way, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indication of your health levels. It’s about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to quinoa enchilada casserole - slow cooker recipe. You can cook quinoa enchilada casserole - slow cooker using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker:
- Take of olive oil.
- Use of ground turkey (or ground beef or ground chicken).
- Use of small yellow onion, diced.
- Take of bell peppers, diced.
- You need of garlic, minced.
- You need of uncooked quinoa, rinsed.
- Get of red enchilada sauce.
- You need of black beans, drained and rinsed.
- Get of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- Take of water or unsalted chicken broth.
- Get of chili powder.
- Take of ground cumin.
- Get of garlic powder.
- Take of brown sugar.
- Prepare of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
- Use of shredded cheese of choice, divided.
Instructions to make Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker:
- Grease a 6 quart size slow cooker liberally. Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the ground turkey and cook and crumble it until it is no longer pink..
- Pour the cooked turkey into the slow cooker, then top it with the rest of the ingredients (EXCEPT for the cheese). Give it all a good stir..
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours OR on high for 2 1/2-3 hours. When it's ready, the liquid should be absorbed and the quinoa should be tender. Taste it and add any additional seasonings you think it needs..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup over the top. Place the lid back on for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the cheese has melted. If your slow cooker has a warm setting, you can switch to it while the cheese melts. Then serve with whatever toppings sound good..
This recipe for slow cooker chicken enchilada casserole is a one-pot meal (yay!). To make this recipe, I cook the chicken with a big can of red enchilada sauce, all day in my slow cooker. Then when I get home, I shred the chicken, stir in corn tortillas strips, add some cheese and olives, stir, add. Slow Cooker Enchilada Quinoa is like a healthier, deconstructed enchilada! Loaded with quinoa, veggies, and chicken, this throw and go recipe is GREAT for an easy, healthy, weeknight dinner!
If you find this Quinoa Enchilada Casserole - Slow Cooker recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.