Simple Way to Make Award-winning Grandma's chicken curry special
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Grandma's chicken curry special recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Grandma's chicken curry special recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grandma's chicken curry special recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn't something people decide to do when they get off from work. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super difficult. If you are diligent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Take the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get out of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. Even just a individual flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day--can be a great boost to your system.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indicator of your health levels. You need to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to grandma's chicken curry special recipe. You can have grandma's chicken curry special using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Grandma's chicken curry special:
- Get of Main.
- Prepare of chicken parts (can be wing, thigh or drumstick).
- You need of potato, medium, peeled and cut into wedges.
- Take of Spice.
- Provide of yellow ginger (turmeric), peeled outer skin, sliced (please use glove to avoid stain).
- Prepare of blue ginger (galangal), peeled outer skin, sliced.
- Prepare of lemongrass, trim the root and discard green upper portion, use only white stem.
- You need of small purple onion, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare of dried red chilli, soaked in water to soften, remove seed and cut into tiny bits (please use glove).
- Get of Other.
- Take of coconut cream/milk, do not dilute.
- Prepare of water.
- Take of cooking oil.
Steps to make Grandma's chicken curry special:
- Wash chicken parts with coarse salt and rinse clean with water..
- For those not sure what the spices look like. Here is a photo taken before being pounded/grind..
- Grind/pound each spices one by one, then mix together to grind/pound. If you using pounder, crush/smash the lemongrass in mixture. If you using grinder, crush/smash the lemongrass separately, do not grind lemongrass..
- Heat cooking oil in frying pan using medium heat. Stir fry the spices till fragrant for 3 minutes..
- Add in chicken parts. Stir fry till chicken evenly mixed for 5 minutes..
- Turn off the heat. Add coconut cream/milk. Stir everything till chicken parts evenly coated..
- Scoop everything in frying pan to a big pot. Add in potato and water. Use low heat to simmer for 20 minutes. Do not cover the pot completely to avoid boiling over. Stir the curry frequently to avoid curry being burnt at bottom..
- Ready to serve with rice while hot..
Curries are notorious for lengthy ingredient lists to achieve the richly spiced sauces and punchy flavours. But yes, it can be made with breast - but the steps need tweaking. Today's recipe is a true gem, borrowed from the small island nation of Sri Lanka just south of India. Another Sri Lankan chicken curry recipe for you. What's special about this chicken curry is the gravy.
If you find this Grandma's chicken curry special recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.