Recipe of Perfect Veggie Pasta Bake
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Veggie Pasta Bake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Veggie Pasta Bake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Veggie Pasta Bake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. Going to the gym isn't something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn't have to be hard. If you are diligent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. If you make smart choices when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go home and make a little something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you already have is healthful. This way—even if you decide on something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. You want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to veggie pasta bake recipe. You can cook veggie pasta bake using 24 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Provide of Penna Pasta.
- Take of Olive oil (max 3 tablespoons only), plus extra for drizzling.
- Take of Salt.
- Take of Sauce.
- Use of plum tomatoes (400g each).
- Prepare of pasta bolognese sauce (500g).
- You need of water.
- You need of Italian herbs (rosemary, oregano, thyme).
- Provide of Garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- You need of green chillies halved, lengthwise (medium spice level).
- Get of sugar.
- Provide of Fresh basil (leave some for garnish).
- Take of VEGGIES + SAUSAGES (dry-fried/grilled & baked).
- Get of Vegetarian sausages (I used Cauldron brand).
- Take of courgette/zuchinni, chopped round then into half moons.
- Use of Aubergine (medium-large), cut vertically- see pics below.
- Take of button mushrooms, washed and medium chopped.
- Prepare of pack Spinach, washed.
- Take of large red onion.
- Provide of balsamic vinegar.
- Use of Toppings.
- Get of Fresh basil.
- Use of Cheddar and mozarella, shredded/grated.
- Provide of Olive oil for drizzling.
Steps to make Veggie Pasta Bake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius- for sausages and courgette later.
- For the sauce. In a pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Then add chopped garlic, 3 green chillies, halved. Cook until garlic is browned.
- Turn up heat slightly. Add in 2 cans of plum tomatoes, 1 jar bolognese sauce, pinch of salt, italian herbs and fresh basil. Add 1/4 cup water. Mix all until sauce comes to a boil. Then lower heat, cover and let simmer over low-medium heat for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Cook pasta as per pack instructions with 1 tbsp oil and salt. Drain when ready..
- While pasta sauce is simmering for the next 25 mins, put sausages in pre-heated oven. Bake as per pack instructions (mine were 20 mins). Cut courgettes into half moons. Bake for 10 mins. (I put mine in the same baking pan as the sausages and just removed them earlier, allowing sausages to finish baking). Once baked, cut sausages. Set courgettes and sausages aside..
- Cut your aubergine lengthwise. In a separate pan, on medium heat (NO OIL), place aubergine and allow to dry-fry for 7-10 mins on each side, turning occasionally, until they become slightly charred- see pic. Remove and set aside..
- Slice red onion thinly. In same pan, on medium heat, add half tbsp oil and sliced red onions. When they start to wilt, add 1tsp balsamic vinegar (see pic). This will give them a sweet taste! Allow to caramelise slightly. Remove and set aside..
- In same pan, cook your mushrooms until no longer watery. Set aside..
- Pasta tomato sauce should be ready and reduced by now. Add 1tbsp sugar to balance the taste. Mix. Add drained pasta to sauce together with the courgettes, mushrooms, sausages. Mix all. Add spinach, cover for 2 mins to allow it to wilt. Uncover. Stir all for 1 min. Remove from heat..
- Assemble! Grease your baking dish with a spray of olive oil. Pour the mixed pasta. Top with the caramelised red onions and charred aubergine. Finish with grated cheddar and mozarella all over. Add basil for garnish. See pic..
- Drizzle the top lightly with olive oil. Bake at 200 degrees celsius for 15 mins, until golden. Enjoy and bon appetit!.
If you find this Veggie Pasta Bake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.