Recipe of Perfect Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn't constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. When our work day is done, most people do not want to go to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super hard work. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Take the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work as an alternative to using the elevator. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is entirely do-able. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. So many people pick the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have just one flight to climb, climbing down and up it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Don't overlook that health isn't only about how much you weigh. You want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to debbie's ham, bean & dumpling soup recipe. You can have debbie's ham, bean & dumpling soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup:
- Use of ham hocks.
- Provide of or more cubed ham.
- Provide of navy beans.
- You need of yellow onion diced.
- Get of carrots (handful of baby) diced.
- Take of couple cloves of fresh garlic minced.
- Use of salt and pepper.
- You need of rosemary and thyme.
- Take of parsley and a couple bay leaves.
- Use of dry mustard.
- Prepare of white vinegar.
- Use of water.
Steps to make Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup:
- Prepare dry beans according to package, either soaking overnight or doing quick soak. Drain and add to a stock pot along with the ham hocks and ham cubes. Add approximately 8 to 10 cups of water, diced onion, diced carrots, minced garlic, and seasonings, to taste. Bring to boil, then turn down and simmer on low covered several hours. I let mine go maybe 4 hours or so. Note: I add the seasonings to taste. A pinch here, a shake or splash there. See, I am really no help, lol!!.
- After you are done simmering and your beans are tender, remove the ham hocks and bay leaves from your pot. You can use whatever ham you can get off of the ham hocks..
- Make your dumplings. I use maybe 4 eggs beaten, a little salt, and keep stirring flour into the eggs to get a semi stiff, yet sticky consistency. Drop by teaspoonfuls into boiling water and they will float when done. Drain and add to your soup..
- You will have to keep playing with your seasonings. My rule of thumb is add a little at a time so you don't overdo it! I find adding a little vinegar and dry mustard gives the soup a better flavor. Dad always liked vinegar in his bean soup and I add extra to my own bowl at times. You can also add more or less ham and dumplings. My husband likes a heartier soup so I tend to add more. Enjoy!!.
Bean Ham Bone Soup was a meal we ate somewhat regularly, every time a ham graced our table. I neglected to mention that I didn't need to add any. I make stained glass and love puppies, bunnies, unicorns, kittens, and metal www.debbiebean.com http Debbie Bean. Ham And Bean Sandwich Spread, Ham And Beans, Easy Ham And Beans, etc. Debbie's recipe swap, A place to share and swap recipes and ask cooking related questions.
If you find this Debbie's Ham, Bean & Dumpling Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.