Recipe of Favorite Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is finished, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some very simple ways to get healthful.
Pick water over other refreshments. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every now and then isn’t a horrible idea. It is, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. When you choose water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthful and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend exclusively on water intake.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every single day, can do a great deal to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don't forget that health isn't only about just how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. You can cook broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Provide of unsalted butter.
- Use of medium onion.
- Get of garlic.
- Prepare of broccoli.
- You need of cauliflower.
- Provide of celery.
- Prepare of large carrot.
- Provide of chicken or vegetable broth.
- You need of half and half.
- Provide of all-purpose flour.
- Use of shredded cheddar cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
Add broccoli stems and cauliflower to potato mixture. Broccoli cauliflower soup is creamy, comforting, and perfect for chilly nights! This healthy soup recipe is a hit with my entire family! I like to serve this broccoli and cauliflower soup with some crumbled bacon and grated cheddar on top. A little sour cream would be nice too!
If you find this Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.