How to Prepare Ultimate Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is done, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that achieving good health doesn't have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Choose water over other products. Soda and coffee, when consumed in moderation, aren't that bad. It is, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. When you decide on water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthy and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories out of your diet— without having to be forced to eat terrible tasting diet food. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight loss and healthfulness.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Trying to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup recipe. You can have broccoli and cauliflower cheddar soup using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Prepare of unsalted butter.
- Get of medium onion.
- Get of garlic.
- Prepare of broccoli.
- Get of cauliflower.
- Take of celery.
- Provide of large carrot.
- Take of chicken or vegetable broth.
- Get of half and half.
- You need of all-purpose flour.
- You need of shredded cheddar cheese.
Steps to make Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup:
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, and chop up the rest of the vegetables. Carrots and celery should be chopped into smaller chunks, while broccoli and cauliflower can be in medium to large chunks..
- Prepare a pot to steam the broccoli, cauliflower, celery, and carrot. Fill the pot with 1-2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Then place vegetables in steamer for about 7 minutes until soft..
- Melt butter in a pot at medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cook until tender (5-7 minutes)..
- Turn down heat slightly (to medium-low) and gradually whisk flour into the pot with the onion and garlic. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until the mixture becomes slightly golden..
- Gradually add half and half and chicken broth, stirring all the while. Add some salt and pepper to taste at this point. Bring to a simmer and cook uncovered until it thickens (about 20 minutes)..
- Add the steamed vegetables and cook (still at medium-low heat) for another 10-15 minutes..
- If you want to purée the soup, let it COOL DOWN to near room temp, then put in a blender on purée mode. You may have to work in batches. If soup is still steaming a little, REMOVE the middle piece in the top of the blender cover so the steam can escape. Have a clean dish towel or paper towel to hover over the opening to minimize any mess. Combine puréed batches back into pot and warm it back up to then continue with step 8..
- Add cheese to the soup (handful at a time) and stir until melted..
Add broccoli stems and cauliflower to potato mixture. Broccoli cauliflower soup is creamy, comforting, and perfect for chilly nights! This healthy soup recipe is a hit with my entire family! I like to serve this broccoli and cauliflower soup with some crumbled bacon and grated cheddar on top. A little sour cream would be nice too!
If you find this Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.