Easiest Way to Make Ultimate Light Fruit Cake
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Light Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Light Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. Working out at the gym isn't something people make time for when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier automatically. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go to your apartment and make a little something from your kitchen. Your home should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you decide on something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indicator of your healthfulness. It’s about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to light fruit cake recipe. To make light fruit cake you need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Light Fruit Cake:
- Prepare of candied mixed peel.
- Prepare of candied red or green cherries (cut into quarters).
- Provide of dark raisins.
- Get of Grand Marnier, rum, brandy, or sherry (optional).
- Provide of unsalted butter, room temperature.
- Take of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare of large eggs, room temperature.
- You need of pure vanilla extract.
- Use of pure almond extract.
- Get of all-purpose flour.
- Use of ground almonds (almond meal/flour).
- Prepare of baking powder.
- Use of salt.
- Use of Zest of one small lemon (outer skin).
- Provide of milk (whole or reduced fat).
- Provide of Some flaked almonds for decoration.
Instructions to make Light Fruit Cake:
- In a large bowl, combine candied mixed peel, cherries, and dark raisins. Mix well. Stir in the brandy to coat the fruit. Cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 day(up to 2 days) to macerate the fruit, stirring occasionally..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C), with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or spray with a nonstick vegetable spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 x 13 x 8 cm) loaf pan..
- In a separate bowl, whisk dried ingredients together the flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest..
- In a large bowl of stand mixer and using the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Gradually add the sugar and beat until mixture is light and creamy. Beat in the egg one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula to ensure ingredients are all incorporated. Beat 1 additional minute..
- Beat in the extracts. Add the candied and dried fruits, along with any juices, and beat until incorporated. Beat in half the flour mixture just until incorporated. Add almond flour, then beat in the milk and then the remaining flour mixture. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and, if desired, decorate the top of the cake with flaked almonds..
- Bake for about 60 - 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if you find the cake is browning too much! Remove the cake from the oven. Let it cool down in the baking tin. Cut into slices and serve..
If you find this Light Fruit Cake recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.