Recipe of Homemade Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. Working out at the gym isn't something people make time for when they get off from work. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that achieving good health doesn't have to be hard. If you are conscientious you'll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. If you make smart choices when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a minute: you don't want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and use what you have on hand. Fill your cabinets with nutritious foods. This way—even if you pick out something slightly greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done every day, can do plenty to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to roasted garlic baba ganoush recipe. You can cook roasted garlic baba ganoush using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush:
- Take of large or 3 small eggplants.
- Take of garlic.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- You need of Tahini to taste.
- Prepare of small lemon or 1 lime.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
- You need of salt.
- Use of Cayenne pepper or paprika to garnish.
- Prepare of Optional- fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil to garnish.
Instructions to make Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush:
- If you have a big eggplant, cut it in half lengthwise. Leave thinner/smaller eggplants whole. Poke with a knife or fork in several places..
- Put 3-4 garlic cloves, unpeeled, inside of a small pieces of aluminum foil and pour in a glug (1 Tbsp-ish) of olive oil along with it. Close foil around garlic (make sure oil won't leak out)..
- Lay eggplant(s) on a pan (skin-side up if you cut them) along with garlic. I brushed it with just a little olive oil to keep it from drying out. Broil, grill, or roast for about 40-50 minutes (My oven was set to broil at 500°F/260°C.) If baking in oven, bake 40-60 min. at 400°F/200°C, skin side up..
- Remove garlic after 20-25 minutes so it doesn't burn. The cloves should be soft inside their skins. Cook the eggplants for the remaining time until skin is starting to blacken and flesh is very soft..
- When they're soft enough, remove eggplants and let cool until you can touch them. Scoop out flesh away from skin and put into a large bowl. Mash with fork..
- Squeeze or scoop out roasted garlic cloves from their skins and mash into eggplant. If you end up burning one or two like me, you can finely chop a fresh garlic clove to replaces it ;) It'll look a little gross at first, but once everything is mixed, it'll be okay, hehe..
- Add 2-4 Tbsp of tahini (depending how much sesame taste you like) and 1/4 tsp ground cumin. Mix well. Squeeze lemon or lime and add 2-3 Tablespoons, mix and taste. Add more for more tartness. (I used a whole lime, about 4 Tbsp). Last, mix in salt until it tastes good too you :).
- Garnish with a dash of cayenne or paprika for color or spice, and some chopped herbs like parsley, basil, cilantro, etc. Enjoy as a dip or sandwich spread!.
If you find this Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.