How to Make Speedy Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary)
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn't always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Working out at the gym isn't something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that becoming healthy doesn't have to be hard. If you are persistent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and make what you already have. Fill your pantry shelves with wholesome foods. This makes it easy to have a great meal--even if you want something junky--because you'll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you'd buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indicator of your healthfulness. You need to help make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to sourdough bread (100% white,15% spelt, roast garlic & rosemary) recipe. You can have sourdough bread (100% white,15% spelt, roast garlic & rosemary) using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary):
- Prepare of The Levain.
- Provide 75 g of Sourdough starter.
- Take 75 g of Bread flour for levain.
- Get 75 g of Water (tepid).
- Provide of The Bread.
- Get 120 g of Levain starter.
- You need 650 g of White bread flour.
- Provide 100 g of Other flour (Spelt, Rye, Grain, Wholemeal, more White for 100%).
- Take 10-12 g of Sea salt.
- Use 525 ml of (70%) Water (tepid).
- Use of Rice, Spelt or Semolina flour for dusting.
Instructions to make Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary):
- Day 1 - Morning, take starter out of fridge and feed (50ml plain flour, 50ml water), repeat 5-6 hours later. Another 5-6 hours later make the levain for your bread by mixing together 75g bread flour, 75g water and 75g sourdough starter - leave out over night (10-12hrs), covered but with air hole(s)..
- Day 2 - Morning, when the Levain is almost ready, mix all of your flour with your water thoroughly & leave (covered) for 30 mins (this strengthens the gluten). When done Pinch & knead in the salt & 120g of your bread levain (the rest is for the bin). Scrunch together to mix fully then leave (covered) for 45 mins..
- If you want to add flavour do it at this stage 20 mins before stretch and fold. I've added roasted garlic and rosemary to this one below..
- Day 2 - at least 5 sets (1 set = 4 folds) of stretch & folds over minimum 1.5 hours (every 20 mins). After the last, cover and leave for 1.5 hours (the warmer the better)..
- Next, weigh & cut the dough into 2 pieces ready to shape before bulk fermentation. When shaping, use a dough scraper to pull tight and create tension (watch you tube videos for better understanding)..
- Once shaped, sprinkle plenty of dusting flour on top so it doesn't stick, flip over with scraper and put carefully into your banneton or bowl. Make sure well stitched at the top, sprinkle more dusting flour, leave out for 30-45 mins then cover & put into the fridge for 10-12 hours. Or leave out for 4-5 hrs more and bake that night..
- Day 3 - Take out of fridge whilst Oven is heating to 240'. Get your dutch ovens ready (no knead to heat), put a length of baking paper over bread & flip out carefully into dutch oven so baking paper is on the bottom (prevents burnage). When oven is ready, score your bread for a better rise..
- Day 3 - Bake in middle or low oven at 225' with lid on for 45 mins then remove lid and turn down to 200 for a further 10 mins. If baking without a dutch oven, add a dish of water to the oven and bake for 45 min straight at 225'..
- Leave to cool FULLY before cutting. Overnight uncovered I find the best. Wrap and cover in morning to last all week..
My recipe for a healthy and delicious spelt sourdough bread. Only lightly dust the bannetons with white rice flour, just enough so the dough easily removes from them but no more. Not only is spelt incredible in sourdough bread I'm discovering a myriad of creative ways to use it in my kitchen… The road to sourdough bread will be filled with a bit of uncertainty: everything from ambient temperature to the quality of flours to the strength of Rye flour will add a little more earthy acidity to the mix and will result in a looser dough that won't hold shape as well. Spelt flour will add mild sweet. Soft, sweet, and caramelized to perfection, roasted garlic adds a beautiful depth of flavor that gets intensified with hints of fresh rosemary in this homemade sourdough bread recipe.
If you find this Sourdough Bread (100% white,15% Spelt, Roast Garlic & Rosemary) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.