Step-by-Step Guide to Make Quick Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you'll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Be smart when you do your food shopping. If you make smart choices when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go to your apartment and make a little something from your kitchen. Your kitchen should be stocked with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you choose something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A good amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don't forget that health isn't only about how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to oven-roasted potatoes and carrots with thyme recipe. You can cook oven-roasted potatoes and carrots with thyme using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme:
- Provide 2 lb of Baby Yukon Gold potatoes (see Notes), scrubbed and halved lengthwise.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of coarse kosher salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced fresh thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of tablespoon butter or margarine.
- Use 1 lb of peeled baby carrots (this is a modification of the original recipe to save time),.
Instructions to make Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme:
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°..
- Put carrots on large rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat and add potatoes. Boil for about 5 minted till fork tender..
- While potatoes are boiling, roast carrots in oven, when potatoes are done, drain them completely and spread on a large rimmed baking sheet with carrots, drizzle vegetables with olive oil, season generously with salt and pepper, and gently toss to coat evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are golden brown, about 20 minutes..
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl and add thyme and butter or margarine; gently toss to coat evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature..
I have a new favorite vegetable side dish—roasted carrots. Like those other vegetables, carrots develop deep, concentrated flavor and golden, caramelized edges as they roast in the oven. Try roasting the carrots with fresh thyme. If you find that the baby carrots are done before the potatoes just remove them to a bowl. I use the rainbow carrots and keep them whole as they look so pretty on the table served like this.
If you find this Oven-roasted Potatoes and Carrots with Thyme recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.