Recipe of Ultimate Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is complete, most people do not want to go to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super hard work. If you are persistent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Water is the most effective drinks out there. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every once in a while isn’t a bad idea. It is definitely, however, a bad idea to only drink soda or coffee. Ingesting water instead of other kinds of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water ingestion.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done every day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don't overlook that health isn't only about simply how much you weigh. It’s about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to ham and garbanzo bean soup recipe. To cook ham and garbanzo bean soup you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup:
- Use 4 leaves of bay leaf.
- Provide 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Use 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of rendered pork fat pieces caramelized.
- Provide 1-1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- Get 1 of large onion diced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Get 6 cups of water.
- Provide 6 cups of water for soaking.
- You need 12 ounces of dried Garbanzo beans.
- Take 2 tablespoons of saffron flowers not the stems.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Use 2 of large limes.
Steps to make Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup:
- Render the fat from some pork pieces pour the drippings aside for another recipe..
- Wash and look over the beans boil in 6 cups of water for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and soak for an hour. Drain..
- Add 6 cups of water to the beans with the caramelized pork fat pieces some of this has a lot of meat on it. Bring to a boil in the same pot you rendered the pork fat it should have pork bits in bottom. Deglaze with the water..
- Bring to a boil add the bay leaves, parsley, cilantro, onions, saffron flowers, and ham. When it boil turn on low cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the salt, white pepper powder, and ground cumin. Cover and simmer longer..
- After 1 hour add the juices of 1 lime.
- Add soup to a bowl, slice the second lime for a good squeeze of juice. I hope you enjoy!!.
This soup is a staple in the Tampa Bay Area. Now let me say y'all this is my version of this soup. (This is my disclaimer for all the die hards -lol) Some people use Chorizo and ham and it is. Garbanzo bean and ham soup recipe. Get one of our Garbanzo bean and ham soup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Leftover Hambone Soup - Use up your leftover hambone to make this cozy, hearty soup loaded with tons of veggies and chunks of sweet ham!
If you find this Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.