Recipe of Perfect Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn't something people want to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super difficult. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
When you go grocery shopping, be smart about it. If you make smart choices when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home quickly and have something beneficial. Fill your pantry shelves with wholesome foods. By doing this, even when you decide that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are a whole lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also critical. The numbers on the scale aren't the only signal of your health levels. It has more to do with making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to stew beef & gravy w/herb roasted potatoes recipe. To cook stew beef & gravy w/herb roasted potatoes you only need 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes:
- Take of Stew Beef & Gravy.
- Provide 1 1/4 lb of Stew Beef.
- Get 1/4 of Diced White Onion.
- Get 2 tbsp of Bacon Grease.
- Provide 3 tbsp of All-Purpose Flour.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Provide 32 oz of Beef Stock.
- Use of Herb Roasted Potatoes.
- You need 5 of White Potatoes.
- Use 1/4 cup of Canola Oil.
- Use 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Onion Powder.
Instructions to make Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes:
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, add stew beef, onion, salt, onion powder, thyme, and pepper. Saute for roughly 5 minutes stirring often until all sides have browned..
- Add bacon fat and flour to beef and stir together until a paste (roux) has formed. Cook for 2 minutes, then add beef stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally..
- After an hour of the beef and gravy cooking, preheat oven to 375°F..
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and chop each half into four equal half-moon slices..
- Transfer chopped potatoes into medium bowl with canola oil, salt, pepper, onion powder, and thyme. Toss to coat..
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake in 375°F oven for roughly 60-75 minutes..
- Serve in a bowl with potatoes topped with beef and gravy..
Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables (such as carrots, potatoes, onions, beans, peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes) and may include meat. Beef stew is a cold weather essential. Read on to get all the hot deets on this ultra-comforting stew. There's no rule that beef stew needs a thickening agent. An easy beef stew recipe from Jamie magazine, with shallots, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce.
If you find this Stew Beef & Gravy w/Herb Roasted Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.