Recipe of Award-winning Potato Broccoli Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Potato Broccoli Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. When our work day is finished, most people do not wish to go to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are persistent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. If you make smart decisions when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a minute: you don't want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your house and make something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you have at home is nutritious. This makes it simple to have a good meal--even if you want something junky--because you'll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you'd buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are plenty of things you can do to become healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indicator of your health levels. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to potato broccoli soup recipe. You can have potato broccoli soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Broccoli Soup:
- Get of diced broccoli heads.
- Get of carrots peeled and diced.
- You need of medium potatoes peeled and cubed into small pieces.
- Provide of small onion, chopped.
- Take of Chicken Broth.
- You need of butter.
- Use of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of milk.
- Take of shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Use of salt.
- Prepare of garlic pepper.
- Prepare of bacon cooked and chopped.
Instructions to make Potato Broccoli Soup:
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes..
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes..
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan. Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown). Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens..
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted. Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined..
- Add salt and garlic pepper. Add bacon pieces to the soup..
- Serve warm. Enjoy..
This easy lightened-up version is incredibly hearty and thick but without the extra calories. Cheese compliments broccoli and potatoes so well. If you want a thicker soup, just add desired amount of flour mixed until smooth with an equal amount of water. Add the garlic, broccoli stems, potatoes, broth, water, salt, and pepper. Return the soup to the pot and bring to a simmer.
If you find this Potato Broccoli Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.