Recipe of Award-winning My Ploughman's Pickle
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect My Ploughman's Pickle recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best My Ploughman's Pickle recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Ploughman's Pickle recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is done, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Choose water over other refreshments. Having a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won't hurt you too badly. It is, however, a bad idea to solely drink soda or coffee. When you pick out water more than other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without requiring you to buy and eat gross diet foods. Water is typically one of the keys to really slimming down and becoming really healthy.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indication of your health levels. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to my ploughman's pickle recipe. To cook my ploughman's pickle you need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare My Ploughman's Pickle:
- Get 275 grams of chantenay carrots.
- Provide 275 grams of swede or turnip.
- Get 2 of medium onions.
- Take 2 of medium dessert apples.
- Get 1 of courgette/zucchini.
- Take 100 grams of dates.
- You need 60 grams of prunes.
- Take 6 of garlic cloves crushed.
- Get 250 grams of light brown sugar.
- Take 500 ml of malt vinegar.
- Provide 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Take 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Take 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 2 tsp of ground allspice.
- Take 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 of cloves crushed.
- Get 1 pinch of ground cloves.
Instructions to make My Ploughman's Pickle:
- Dice all the veg and fruit into small cubes about 0.5cm. Crush or finely chop garlic..
- Place all ingredients into a large pan and bring slowly to the boil.
- Simmer until carrots and swede are soft. 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- You may need to add a bit of water if too dry.
- Pot into clean sterilized jars. Cover and seal.
- Label and date once cool.
- It takes about one month to mature..
- The last batch I made I replaced courgette by three small cucumbers and instead of prunes I added about 175 grams dates chopped..
If you find this My Ploughman's Pickle recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.