How to Make Ultimate Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that getting healthy doesn't have to be hard. If you keep at it, you'll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Go up the stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, climb up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. This isn't as easy to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, utilizing the stairs is a great way to get some extra exercise. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people opt for the easy elevator ride instead of making an efforts on the stairs. Even if you only have a single flight to climb, climbing down and up it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are a whole lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done each day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don't overlook that health isn't only about how much you weigh. It has more to do with making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to mike's green chile chicken taquitos recipe. To cook mike's green chile chicken taquitos you need 25 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos:
- You need of Chicken Breasts.
- Provide of Boneless Chicken Breasts [trim fat].
- You need of 32 oz Chicken Broth [+ water as needed].
- Prepare of Taquito Seasonings.
- Prepare of 16 oz Bucket Bueno Hot Hatch Green Chiles [reserve 4 tablespoons - do not drain & discard juices].
- Prepare of 8 oz Bag Mexican 4 Cheese Blend [plus reserves to top while baking].
- Use of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare of Onion Powder.
- Provide of Garlic Powder.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- Get of Wrapping.
- Prepare of 6" Or 4" Fluffy Flour Tortillas [your choice but room temp].
- You need of Dip Options.
- Get of 10 oz Green Enchilada Sauce [+ 4 tablespoons reserved, drained green chiles].
- You need of Red Salsa.
- Provide of Green Salsa.
- Use of Guacamole.
- Use of Sour Cream.
- Provide of Equipment.
- Provide of Pam Spray.
- Get of Boiling Pot.
- Provide of Cookie Sheet.
- Use of Tinfoil.
- Provide of Toothpicks.
- Take of Tongs.
Instructions to make Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos:
- Here's about all you'll need..
- Rinse breasts and trim fat..
- Add 32 oz box Chicken Broth to a pot and add chicken breasts. Add additional water to fully cover breasts if needed. Cover and boil on high until breasts are fully cooked. Add additional water as needed during boil time..
- At about 35 minutes boiling time, peirce the thickest part of your largest chicken breast with a knife. If it's fluids run pink, boil longer. Clear? You're good to go!.
- Pull breasts from pot with tongs and allow to cool slightly, but not totally. You'll want that moisture in your heated chicken upon mixing in your dried seasonings..
- Finely shread chicken breasts with 2 forks in a large bowl. Discard any fat or anything unsightly..
- ° Add everything in the Taquito Seasonings section - except for reserves and 4 tablespoons of your 16 oz bucket Bueno Green Hatch Chile - and mix well. Drain fluids but, definitely reserve them. You'll need all of that delicious roasted green chile moisture in your shredded chicken mixture. But, not in your upcoming easy enchilada sauce. If, you choose to make that. ° If choosing NOT to make the enchilada sauce dip, add all chiles and chile fluids to your chicken mixture and mix well..
- Place seasoned shreadded chicken in your tortillas. Tightly roll up these tortillas as you'll want them moist upon service. Pin with 1 toothpick. As pictured in photo #2 below..
- ° Place taquitos on a lightly sprayed foil lined cookie sheet. I'll also pack my remaining chicken mixture to the empty ends of my taquitos. See comparable pictures below. ° Add shreadded cheese to the tops. Garnish with dried Cilantro and Chives if you'd like. ° Since your chicken mixture is already cooked, bake taquitos at 350° until tortillas are crispy and browned and cheese is melted. About 25 - 30 minutes. ° Bake on a lifted rack if not serving immediately. They'll be crisper. Especially on the bottoms..
- If you'd like a less crispy baked taquito, lightly brush a cilantro infused or plain olive oil on the tops of your taquitos, place cheese on top, then bake..
- IMPORTANT NOTE! Pull all toothpicks after baking or frying..
- Add your 4 tablespoons Bueno Green Chile to your two 10 oz cans of green enchilada sauce and heat. Use this as an easy, delicious dip option. Or, just follow this easy recipe. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349604-mikes-1-minute-green-chile-enchilada-sauce.
- ° Personally, the most of us here prefer these taquitos without any side condiments whatsoever. The intense flavor of the chicken and broth, Hatch Chiles and Cumin are plenty enough flavor on their own. ° However, serve your taquitos immediately from your oven with chilled sour cream, salsa, guacamole and, your warmed green chili enchilada sauce to the side. Know that options are always appreciated by your guests! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/345482-mikes-fiesta-guacamole.
- If choosing to deep fry your spicy shredded chicken taquitos, follow the exact same recipe directions. But, instead of baking, place 2" inches of vegetable oil in a large pan and fry them for about 2 minutes. Or, until taquitos are crispy and golden brown. Flip taquitos once during fry time then, drain well on absorbant paper towels..
- The best way I know to reheat these. A Toast-R-Oven. The tortillas will crisp right back up and the chicken will be just as juicy..
If you find this Mike's Green Chile Chicken Taquitos recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.