Steps to Make Quick Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.)
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. The is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not want to go to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Run the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work as opposed to using the elevator. This isn't as easy to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a great way to get some extra exercise. If you do work on a super high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors early and walk the rest of the way? Most people will decide to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a few times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are lots of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indication of your health levels. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (dutch oven ver.) recipe. You can cook sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (dutch oven ver.) using 15 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.):
- Get of Rye Sourdough Pre-dough:.
- You need of rye sourdough starter.
- Provide of rye flour.
- Prepare of warm water.
- Take of Main Dough:.
- Take of rye flour.
- Get of bread flour (wheat).
- Provide of spelt flour (or use more bread flour).
- Use of salt.
- You need of warm water (40-50°C/105-122°F).
- Provide of honey or molasses.
- You need of Optional:.
- Get of caraway seeds.
- You need of sunflower seeds.
- Provide of medium sized Dutch oven pot with lid (Staub, Le creuset, etc).
Steps to make Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.):
- Mix the ingredients for the sourdough pre-dough in a medium bowl. Cover and let the sourdough pre-dough set at room temperature for 20-22 hours. (alternatively use 160 g of active rye sourdough starter - 100% hydration)..
- Mix the the flours, salt (and caraway/sunflower seeds) in a bowl..
- In a separate bowl, mix the rye sourdough pre-dough with warm water and honey/molasses..
- Mix the dry ingredients with the sourdough mixture until all ingredients are very well mixed, 5-10 minutes. You can use your hands or a wooden spoon, etc. The dough is sticky and like a paste, so you don't need to knead it like you would other breads..
- After mixing :).
- You can keep the dough in the same bowl, then cover with plastic wrap and let proof for 60-90 minutes at 24-25°C (75-77°F). If it's quite cold, then it will take around 3 hours..
- Remove from bowl and place into a floured working space. Form into a round boule shape by folding over the edges of the dough into the center..
- Dust the shaped dough with rye flour and place fold-side down into a flour dusted proofing basket (banneton). Let rise again for about 2 hours..
- After rising, it will be significantly larger (about 1.5 times bigger).
- When nearing baking time, preheat oven to 250°C/480°F. Put a Dutch oven/Le creuset or other cast iron enameled pot into the oven while preheating..
- When the dough is ready to go and your oven is preheated, remove the pot from the oven, then carefully remove the dough from the banneton and place it into the hot pot so that the round side is now facing up..
- Bake for about 30-45 minutes (my oven is pretty weak so it takes 45 minutes. For the last 10-15 minutes, remove the lid of the pot so the crust can get a nice color..
- Let cool for a few hours or up to half a day until slicing. this will let the flavors of the bread develop further..
- It doesn't look much different, but here's the version I made with a nice schwarzbier/stout beer. It smells amazing, quite different the non-beer version..
For this reason, it tends to produce a denser bread. Rye bread comes in many shapes and sizes, and this sourdough rye bread is based on the German style "Mischbrot" using part rye and part wheat. It's a bit lighter than a full-on rye, but packed with wonderful flavor. This post may contain affiliate links, where we earn from qualifying purchases. Soft and flavorful sourdough with spices, rye and whole wheat.
If you find this Sourdough rye bread with spelt and wheat (Dutch oven ver.) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.