Step-by-Step Guide to Make Homemade Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you're looking for Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn't something people make time for when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn't have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
Run the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work as an alternative to using the elevator. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a super high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will choose to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of getting exercise on the stairs. Even just a sole flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day--can be a great improvement to your system.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don't ignore that health isn't only about just how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to country style bean soup with ribbles recipe. You can cook country style bean soup with ribbles using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Provide of Soup.
- Get 16 oz of Dry Great Northern Beans.
- Provide 32 oz of Chicken Broth.
- Get 64 oz of Water.
- Provide 1 lb of Pre Cooked Ham.
- Take 1 medium of Bay Leaf.
- Provide 1 medium of Onion.
- Use 3 medium of Potatoes.
- Get 1 tbsp of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- Prepare of Ribbles.
- Prepare 1 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Butter or Shortening.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Take 3 tbsp of Water.
Steps to make Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles:
- Prepare beans according to package..
- In a 5 quart or more soup pot, add beans, chicken broth, water and heat on med high..
- Chop ham and onions to desired size and had to beans and broth..
- Add salt and pepper and reduce heat to low med and let cook for approximately 1 hour. Until beans are tender but not mushy..
- For the ribbles, combine the flour and salt. Cut in butter until a sand consistency has occured. Add water a tablespoon at a time and stir until the dough pulls from the bowl..
- Peel and cube potatoes..
- Pinch off pea sized pieces of dough and roll to smooth. Drop pieces of dough into soup. Add as much or has little as you like. I usually use about 3/4ths of the dough..
- Add cubed potatoes to the soup and cook on med high until tender. Approximately 8 to 10 minutes..
- Makes about 5 quarts..
If you find this Country Style Bean Soup with Ribbles recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.