Recipe of Award-winning Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super difficult. If you are persistent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Water is the best drinks out there. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won't hurt you too badly. Using them for your sole source of hydration, however, is dumb. Choosing water as an alternative to other beverage adds to your body's health and helps it stay hydrated. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat terrible diet foods. Water is typically one of the keys to really slimming down and getting healthy.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the selections you make each day is a start. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don't ignore that health isn't only about simply how much you weigh. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to cheddar broccoli soup recipe. You can have cheddar broccoli soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- You need 4 of small (about 3 1/2 cups) heads of broccoli (chopped).
- Take 3 of (about 2 cups) carrots (shredded).
- Take 1 of medium onion (sweet or white).
- Provide 8 TBS of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 c. of All Purpose Flour.
- Take 4 C of Chicken or vegetable broth.
- Take 4 C of Half n Half.
- Use 1/2 TSP of nutmeg (ground).
- Take to taste of Pepper-add.
- Get to taste of Salt-add.
- Prepare to taste of Red pepper (ground or flake)- add.
- Provide 4 C of Shredded Sharp Cheddar.
- Get 1 Clove of garlic-chopped (Optional).
- Take of Bacon Bits or Pieces (For garnish-Optional).
Steps to make Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- Prep all ingredient. Chop broccoli (bite size,each piece should fit on a spoon). Finely chop onion & garlic (if adding). Shred carrots. Measure out flour and liquid ingredients. This will make cooking quicker..
- Start by heating butter in a pot on med-low heat..
- Once butter has melted, add onions and garlic until translucent..
- Add flour,stir. Let flour lightly brown. (If it doesnt brown you will have a very flour-ie taste to your soup)..
- Once flour has browned,add your half n half..
- Let it come to a simmer on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes..
- Add chicken or vegetable broth and stir..
- Now, add carrots & broccoli and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender..
- Turn heat to low. Add your seasonings-salt,pepper,red pepper flakes,and nutmeg. Stir..
- Stir in cheese and turn heat off. Let cheese melt and serve!.
Broccoli cheddar soup has long been a guilty pleasure sort of thing for me. We love broccoli cheddar soup, and I've yet to find a recipe that is just right. I believe this may be the one! My easy Broccoli Soup is a simple Cream of Broccoli Soup that's thick and creamy with an extra hit of flavour from cheddar cheese! A very good broccoli cheese soup.
If you find this Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.