Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Porcupine Meatballs
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Porcupine Meatballs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Porcupine Meatballs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn't something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn't have to be hard. If you are diligent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Walk up the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work as opposed to using the elevator. While this will be hard to do if you live on or if your job is on a super high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is totally do-able. If you do work on a very high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors early and walk the rest of the way? Most people will choose to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. Even just a individual flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day--can be a great boost to your system.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done each day, can do a lot to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also critical. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indicator of your healthfulness. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to porcupine meatballs recipe. You can cook porcupine meatballs using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Porcupine Meatballs:
- Prepare of Meatballs.
- Use 1/2 C of Long Grain Rice, uncooked.
- Get 1/2 C of Water.
- Provide 1 of Medium White Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Celery Seed.
- Use 1/8 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Get 1 pound of Ground Beef.
- Take 2 of Tblsp Cooking Oil.
- Use of Sauce.
- Use 15 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 1 C of water.
- Take 2 of Tblsp Light Brown Sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of Worcestershire Sauce.
Instructions to make Porcupine Meatballs:
- In a large mixing bowl: ground beef, 1/2 C water, onion, salt celery seed, black pepper, and garlic powder. Combine with hands until blended..
- Heat oil in large frying pan. I love using my cast iron skillet, or chicken fryer..
- Form 1 1/2 inch meatballs and place in heated skillet. As balls brown roll them in the skillet to cook evenly. Drain grease in container safe for hot grease..
- While meatballs are cooking mix sauce in a large mixing bowl: can tomato sauce, 1 cup water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce..
- Once meatballs have been gently browned and firmed up pour sauce directly over meatballs in the skillet. Heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently about one hour. Checking to make sure they heat evenly. Don't cut the time or the rice will be under cooked..
- Serve meatballs with sauce. I like to have mine with mashed potatoes and a vegetable..
Place your shaped meatballs in your baking dish and pour the sauce all over. Porcupine meatballs are an old-fashioned favorite, developed during the depression to stretch the amount of ground meat. They are so-named because once cooked the rice sticks out of the meatball looking a bit like porcupine quills. You're probably wondering what porcupine meatballs are and what that secret ingredient is. Well let me put your mind at ease and tell you that there is no porcupine meat here at all.
If you find this Porcupine Meatballs recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.