Easiest Way to Make Homemade Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a chore. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Walk up the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, climb the stairs to your floor. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a super high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is entirely do-able. If you do work on a very high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors earlier and walk the rest of the way? So many people pick the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have one flight to climb, climbing along it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indication of your health levels. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to ham and winter vegetable soup recipe. To cook ham and winter vegetable soup you need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- Take 2 litres of ham stock.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Get 2 of carrots.
- Use 1 of parsnip.
- Use 1 of leek.
- Take 1 of medium potato.
- Prepare 1 of bayleaf.
- Prepare 1 can of white beans, cannellini or similar.
- Provide of Leftover pieces of ham or bacon lardons.
- Use of Black pepper.
Instructions to make Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- If you are starting with some ham stock and the ends of a joint, strip the bone and place it in the stock and boil for about 45 minutes. Remove the bone from the stock and strip off any leftover pieces of meat, set these aside and discard the bone..
- Prepare the vegetables, peel and chop them into neat pieces, around the same size, the same way as you would for a minestrone..
- Add the vegetables to the stock together with the bayleaf and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes, then add the drained, rinsed beans and plenty of black pepper. You might not want to use all the beans, I used just over a half..
- When all the vegetables are soft - check each type - add the pieces of ham, taste for seasoning and add black pepper if needed. You won't need any salt..
- Transfer 3 or 4 ladles of soup into a jug or bowl and process with a stick blender until completely smooth, then pour back into the soup, this gives the soup a creaminess, you could leave it as more of a minestrone clear broth, or process all of it, depending on how you like your soup. Serve hot in warmed bowls..
If you find this Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.