Steps to Make Perfect Fried / jollof Basmati rice
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Fried / jollof Basmati rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Fried / jollof Basmati rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried / jollof Basmati rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that becoming healthy doesn't have to be hard. If you keep at it, you'll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. If you make smart decisions when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don't want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home immediately and have something great. Make sure that what you have at home is nutritious. This way—even if you choose something slightly greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are lots of things you can do to become healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about slimming down. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to fried / jollof basmati rice recipe. To cook fried / jollof basmati rice you need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fried / jollof Basmati rice:
- Get of cigar cups basmati rice.
- Provide of tomatoes stew.
- Take of whole chicken.
- Use of thyme, 2 teaspoons curry.
- You need of Onion, knorr cubes, salt.
- Use of vegetable oil.
- Take of mixed vegetables (Carrot, peas, cabbage, sweetcorn).
- Prepare of chopped spring onion (optional).
- Take of precooked shrimps.
Steps to make Fried / jollof Basmati rice:
- Pour the chicken stock and the tomato stew into a sizeable pot. If the mixture is too thick, add a very small quantity of water. Add pepper (pound or blend it first) and curry powder. Stir very well, cover the pot and cook till it boils..
- Add the drained 2 cups of basmati rice, stir and make sure the liquid in the pot is at the same level as the rice. Cover the pot and cook on low to medium heat till all the water dries up. When you taste the rice, you will notice that it is still raw and hard to the bite. Please do NOT add more water to it..
- Stir the rice with a wooden spoon. You can add more tomato stew before stirring if you think it is not red enough..
- Turn off the heat, cover the pot with aluminium foil followed by the pot cover. Make it as airtight as possible so that no heat escapes. Leave it like that for 5 to 7 minutes, at most, 10 minutes. After that, open the pot, stir and you will notice that the rice is now well done, not soggy, has loose grains and it is tasty..
- For Basmati fried rice: 2 cups basmati rice (washed) Place a large pot (with a good fitting lid) on medium heat; add 1 part each of oil, curry, thyme, 1 cube maggi, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stir. Add in 3 cups water. Cover the pot, increase heat to high and bring the mixture to a boil..
- Reduce the heat to medium-low (2.5-3), add in the rice and stir. Cover the pot tightly (I cover my pot with foil paper usually and then add on the lid) leave the rice to cook for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place another large pot on medium heat, add in the left over oil and heat slightly. Add all left over ingredients and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add in the precooked rice, meat (if using) and 3 tablespoons water, combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning as needed. Simmer for another 3 minutes Serve and Enjoy!.
Jollof rice, or jollof (/dʒəˈlɒf/), also known as benachin in Wolof ('one pot'), is a one-pot rice dish popular in many West African countries such as The Gambia, Senegal, Ghana, Nigeria, Benin. Jollof rice is found throughout West Africa and is thought to be the origin of the Cajun dish, jambalaya. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve the joffol with fried plantains and a crisp green salad. Jollof rice is a household staple, often accompanied by fried plantain. We prepare the classic Nigerian Jollof Rice and indeed all Nigerian rice recipes with the long grain parboiled rice.
If you find this Fried / jollof Basmati rice recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.