Recipe of Favorite Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns)
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don't always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Water is the best drinks out there. Having a soda or cup of coffee every so often won't hurt you too badly. Using them for your lone source of hydration, on the other hand, is dumb. Drinking water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without requiring you to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Water is often the main element to successful weight loss and healthfulness.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indicator of your lifestyle choices. It’s about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to tofu shiitake mushrooms vegan bao buns (chinese steamed buns) recipe. To cook tofu shiitake mushrooms vegan bao buns (chinese steamed buns) you only need 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns):
- Provide of For the Buns:.
- Use 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of or more sugar.
- Use 1 of and 1/2 tsp active dry yeasts.
- Provide 1 cup of warm water.
- Get 1 of and 1/2 tbsp vegetables oil.
- You need of For the vegan tofu shiitake mushroom filling:.
- Get 1/2 of tofu from 1 packaged firm tofu (shredded or cut tiny in cubed).
- Use 8-10 of Shiitake mushrooms (dry or fresh. I used the dry one).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hoisin sauce (you can put more or less, as you like).
- Use to taste of Soy sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of or more sugar (this filling is little bit sweet).
- Use of Sriracha (optional).
- Provide 1 tsp of lime juice.
- Prepare of Oil.
- You need of For serving:.
- Take of Shredded purple cabbage (optional).
- Take of Carrot pickles (optional).
- Take of Chopped Cilantro/basil (I skipped it, because I don’t have them in hand).
- Use of Chopped green onion.
Steps to make Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns):
- For the Dough: Mixed together warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stirring well then let it sit for about 10-15 minutes..
- While waiting for the yeast mixture activated. Let’s prepare the dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer add and stir all the dry ingredients. Then add the oil and yeast mixture. Knead at low speed until the dough comes together, soft but not sticky. Continue knead until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl and is soft and smooth..
- Transfer the dough to lightly greased bowl and covers with a plastic wrap. Let it rise in warm and draft-free place for about 1 hour or until doubled in size..
- While waiting for the dough rises, let’s start making the filling. Coat the bottom of the skillet with oil in a medium heat..
- When the oil is hot place the shredded tofu, cook them until it turns golden brown. Set asides. Add a little bit oil in the skillet then sautéed the mushroom until just brown. Then add the tofu back into skillet and mix it up. Add the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sriracha, and sugar. Combine together add the lemon juice and mix them well. Taste it before turn of the heat. Set asides..
- Now back to the dough. Once the dough has risen in double size. Divide in half. Remove half from the bowl and divide into sixth..
- Roll one of the sixth in to a ball then flatten it use your hand. Using a rolling pin to roll the ball into 3-4 inches around. Brush the top with oil, then fold in half. Then transfer to a piece parchment paper. Do the same way for the rest of the dough. You will have 12 around. Cover with cloth or plastics wrap, let it rest for 20 -30 minutes or more..
- Using the steamer (I used Bamboo steamer), transfer all the buns in the steamer. Make sure to not over crowded. Place the lid on it.Then bring the water to a boil and steam the bun for 10-12 minutes. Carefully removed the lid and take off the buns from the steamer..
- To assembly the bao buns with the filling: Carefully open buns and spread with purple cabbage the fill with the vegan filling mixture then top with the carrot pickles, and sprinkle with chopped green onion. And your bao buns are done and ready to serve. Enjoy!.
- Note: Btw, I was using only 1/2 dough because it was too much for two of us. So I placed the half dough into refrigerator. And I will make them again tomorrow since I still have the filling..
If you find this Tofu Shiitake Mushrooms Vegan Bao Buns (Chinese Steamed Buns) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.