Recipe of Award-winning slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle demands. Working out at the gym isn't something people make time for when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn't always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you'll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Walk up the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work as opposed to using the elevator. This isn't as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a excellent way to get some extra exercise. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get off of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. So many people pick the elevator over hiking even a single flight of stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get wholesome. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don't ignore that health isn't only about how much you weigh. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe. To cook slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup you only need 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup:
- Take 1 of onion.
- Take 4 of chicken breast (frozen).
- Provide 2 clove of garlic (minced).
- You need 2 can of chopped mild green chile peppers (4oz).
- Provide 1 can of diced tomatoes (15oz).
- Prepare 1 can of mild red enchillada sauce (15oz).
- Provide 1 tsp of each cumin, chili powder, salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1 packages of frozen corn (10oz).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of lime wedges, shredded Parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado slices, tortilla chips for serving.
Steps to make slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup:
- place the chopped onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Layer the frozen chicken breast on top.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juice, green chiles, enchilada sauce, garlic, chicken broth, spices, and bay leaf.
- cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- remove bay leaf.
- remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker..
- Stir in corn, and continue to heat until corn is hot.
- Add a handful of chopped cilantro.
- serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, shredded parmesan cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips for satisfying meal in a bowl.
Personally, I like adding some tortilla strips into the slow cooker in the beginning so they thicken the soup as they dissolve into the liquidy tortilla soup goodness in the crock pot, slowly, throughout the day. The best healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, tender chicken and savory spices. This easy recipe is perfect for meal prep or family dinner and can easily be made on the stovetop too. Top with avocado, cheese, sour cream and crispy tortilla chips! Chicken soup is one of my favorite things to make in the slow cooker.
If you find this slow-cooker chicken tortilla soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.