How to Prepare Award-winning Seafood Paella
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Seafood Paella recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Seafood Paella recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Seafood Paella recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn't something people decide to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you are diligent you'll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Water is the best drinks out there. Soda and coffee, when consumed in small amounts, aren't that bad. Using them for your only source of hydration, however, is dumb. Having water instead of other kinds of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you decrease your caloric intake by hundreds of points without needing to buy and eat terrible diet foods. Water is often one of the keys to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are a lot of things that work toward your getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. The numbers on the scale aren't the only indicator of your health levels. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to seafood paella recipe. To make seafood paella you only need 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Paella:
- Take of chicken stock or 1 stock cube with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Take of dry white wine.
- Prepare of smoked paprika.
- You need of saffron threads, crumbled.
- You need of each salt and pepper.
- Take of olive oil.
- Use of onion, finely chopped.
- Provide of red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Provide of garlic, finely chopped.
- Provide of chorizo sausages, sliced into thin half-moons.
- Use of Italian Arborio rice.
- You need of diced tomatoes.
- Provide of tomatoes, quartered.
- Prepare of Edamame beans (or peas).
- Provide of prawn tails, cleaned (I deep fried the heads for fun).
- Prepare of half mussels.
- Take of calamari steak cut in strips.
- You need of chopped parsley, for garnish.
- Use of lemons quartered, for garnish.
- Provide of chilies chopped, for garnish.
Instructions to make Seafood Paella:
- Prep all ingredients before your guests arrive. Assemble them next to the braai until you are ready..
- In a jug, mix together the wine and stock. Add the saffron and salt. Let the flavours marry for as long as possible..
- When the braai is ready, place a big paella pan on the grid. Heat the olive oil in that pan. Add the onion and red pepper and cook it until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and chorizo and cook until fragrant..
- Add the rice. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes until the rice is toasted and coated in the oil, onion and pepper mix..
- Stir in the stock, tomatoes, peas and paprika. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if necessary..
- Spread the rice evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan with foil and simmer the rice without stirring for 15 minutes, or until the rice absorbs most of the liquid. It's important not to stir the rice, even though you may want to. You want to create a crust at the bottom. If it starts to look too dry, add some water/wine, but not too much and DON'T stir..
- Add the seafood, nestle it nicely into the rice. Cover with foil and let the seafood and rice cook. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Remove the foil, check that the liquid is absorbed, that everything is cooked and adjust the seasoning, if necessary..
- Finally, check to see if the elusive 'socarrat' was created. This is the golden brown crust at the bottom of the pan. If you can, wait to see if you can create the crust, if not - better luck next time....
- Sprinkle with parsley and bring the whole pan to the table. Serve with lemons, chilli, more parsley and a lot more wine..
- Thanks simplyrecipes.com for the inspo.
If you find this Seafood Paella recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.